“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you,
saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'” Isaiah 30:21


“Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.” Psalm 86:11

“Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ
loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:1-2

“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7


Sunday, June 8, 2014

Leaders

This is only part of the market in Puyo!
I picked up breakfast from the bakery on my walk to Freeman's house, then they ever so kindly took me to Puyo. I met up with Heidi's team at the El Jardin hotel, then we were off to the market. We went to the big Sunday market in Puyo to pick up food for lunch at the finca (farm). While we were there we enjoyed eating some new foods and I bought a beautiful necklace and another soccer jersey! We checked out the fish part of the market, walked up and down the rows and rows of food, then were off after a solid hour and a half. The farm was about 30 minutes away from Puyo and naturally I slept the whole way there! Upon our arrival we went on a hike, thankfully before we got too far Nube handed me a hiking stick, it really is incredible how much they help when you are walking through the mucky mud in the jungle here. We walked through a river, toured different plants (such as sugar cane, sour cane, mandarine oranges, banana, plantain, and guyaba),
Ready to swim!
then looked at the ant farm. It was really a beautiful sight to see countless ants carrying their greenery. They marched purposefully in a line with their little fan-like greens. As we finished up the hike we crossed a rickety three log wide bridge, then "muddy" mountain hiking climbed up a steep hill. I thought I would five it a new name, because it was not a traditional hike, if it would have been any steeper, we would have been mountain climbing! When we reached the top I feasted on mandarin oranges with Nube, they were a great treat after the hike. Swimming in the stream and a very informal game of EcoVolley happened before our late lunch. Nelly's sister spent hours from the time we got there until when we ate, at 3:30pm, preparing the food. They were so hospitable! I was moved by the amount of work and kindness they showed by hosting us and it makes me want to have a nice space to host people! On the way home we went to Casa del
The tree house.
Arbol (between Shell and Puyo). It is very different than the one I've been to in Banos, but awesome! The man who built the tree house took us on the tour. We started at the caverna (caves) which required making a human chain. I will admit I was more than a little nervous as he lead us into this black cave with no light, it was pitch black. The whole group was fully relying on every step he took. When at last we made it the center cavern he told us about how leadership is required in troubled times, through fears and anxiety a leader must step up for survival. He mentioned the Chilean miners, they survived for 69 days which required leadership to ration food and keep moral up. It is a sweet lesson on leadership and submitting to leadership for me. Hebrews 13:17-19, "Have confidence in your leaders and submit to their authority, because they keep watch over you as those who must give an account. Do this so that their work will be a joy, not a burden, for that would be of no benefit to you. Pray for us. We are sure that we have a clear conscience and desire to live honorably in every way. I particularly urge you to pray so that I may be restored to you soon." It is invaluable for groups of people to work as one so that all may be of gain for them as a whole! Once we completed the cave tour it was a
My beautiful friends! Nelly, Dany, Nube, and Heidi <3
short distance to the 11 story tree house this man had built. It was really quite the sight and climb. From the top of the tree house there was a great view of Puyo! I had just enough time to make my treat for Micheal's despedida and head over to Patti Sue's with all of the other missionaries to send him off. I love how we come together as a Casa de Fe family to support and celebrate with one another!




 




No comments:

Post a Comment