“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you,
saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'” Isaiah 30:21


“Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.” Psalm 86:11

“Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ
loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:1-2

“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7


Friday, June 20, 2014

Remembered in my prayers

Meet the maestros: Jaime, Hernan, and Luis!
Romans 1:8-12 "First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for all of you, because your faith is being reported all over the world. God, whom I serve in my spirit in preaching the gospel of his Son, is my witness how constantly I remember you in my prayers at all times; and I pray that now at last by God’s will the way may be opened for me to come to you. I long to see you so that I may impart to you some spiritual gift to make you strong— that is, that you and I may be mutually encouraged by each other’s faith." I am beyond grateful for the service of all the missionaries and Ecuadorian staff at Casa de Fe. I pray the Lord's work continues to increase in this place and that all people encountered may grow closer to God is a personal way. I am constantly humbled, then encouraged in ways only God can build me up! I started the day today much how I ended yesterday, with breakfast and the Beck's and some games. It was the perfect way to start the day. I got up to Casa and went with Christy to welcome the new team and walk them
Christy, Geidi, and Libby!!
through expectations. I had to take one of the new team members up to Casa and while he was being helped I got to say goodbye to some of the tias and maestros. It wasn't too hard to bid them farewell, because in my heart I know it is more of a see you later and even though I don't know when later is I believe it will come soon! Since the team is so big, I got to be a waitress at Alexander's. There are always new experiences here in Ecuador and this one was quite exciting! When I was all done helping Kelcy and I got to take a seat on the couch in the kitchen to eat. It was great eating with him and his wife, we not only got to enjoy the yummy French fries covered in green mayo, but we got to chat and get to know them! I wasn't every hungry after leaving Johnny's, but I went over to Esmereldita's to join up with summer staff for lunch (round 2)! It was nice to briefly meet them before having to leave. I spent the afternoon sporadically saying goodbyes to the teachers and kids at Casa de Fe. I got to hang out, play with kids, have my face painting for the Ecuadorian soccer game. While the game was
Genesis is the sweetest girl! I am beyond grateful for her
the big heart this little girl has <3
going, though I wanted to watch it, I was distracted and trying to say all of my last goodbyes. As I was telling all goodbye it hit me like a ton of bricks that I will never see a fair number of these kids again. I know God has done a great work during my time here and look forward to seeing all He has done in heaven someday! The things He has done is fare beyond earthly measure. As I was hurrying off Christy pulled me aside to pray for me and the tears came pouring out! I was not only overwhelmed with emotions from leaving, but by the understanding of some of my greatest hopes that she was able to speak life in to! The Freeman's took me to meet my ride to Quito and then I was off. It all happened so quickly it was kind of hard to process, I know it will take a while for everything to sink in. I felt fairly nauseous for most of the trip to Quito, the roads here don't always agree with me. Though I didn't feel well most of the time I was blown away by the hospitality of the family who took me right to where I needed to go in Quito and Mandi who graciously hosted me! I've been learning a lot about what it means to be hospitable this last month in Ecuador. Mandi and I hung out for a while before going to bed, thank you Lord for knowing exactly what I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment